Friday, November 12, 2004

One warm hand

There was one casualty from my incident involving the cell phone last night. I lost a glove. It was a fairly decent glove too. I am going to swing by the same location during lunch to see if I find it in the gutter or somewhere like that. If not, I hope some homeless person is keeping one of her or his hands warm with it.
I didn't ride in this morning because it was pouring rain, and I took my rear fender off on Monday. There's nothing like riding in the rain with a nice rooster of water zipping right up your ass. Otherwise, I would have already gone to look for the glove.
I am having trouble getting motivated to do something substantial in the lab today. I have two experiments running this morning, but they are both at points where I can do nothing but wait for a few hours. I have managed to get 95% of a form filled out for training on a fluorescence microscope. Of course this is a one page form. The only thing I need on it is a signature from the business office. But, that includes a foray into the rain. Not something I really want to do right now. I am heading into the rain to meet the wife for lunch, but that is in the opposite direction, and most of it will be on the subway.
By the way SEPTA sucks! I hate bad weather, because it forces me to have to take the subway. It smells like urine down there, it is crowded, and overpriced for what you get.


No comments: