Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Almost over...

When I woke up this morning, I was hoping to see a clear and official winner of the Presidential race. I went to sleep last night after Fox called Ohio for Bush, but as I was drifting off, I noticed that Kerry was edging closer every time the numbers went by. So maybe they jumped the gun, but I do believe they will be right in the end.
The cardboard thin walls and ceilings in my building allowed me to learn that some of my neighbors really don't know much. For example, at 1:30 this morning the upstairs neighbor, we'll call her The Dentist, got a phone call. It was her friend calling to tell her that Bush had just taken Alaska. She exclaimed, "Oh my gosh, I thought Kerry would have won that hands down, what with the environment and all." I mean, does she not realize that most people in Alaska make a living off of oil, minerals, and fishing. Gee, there are three industries that would just love to see more restrictive environmental laws.
Another example was The Shrew's 7:30 am phone call to whoever, screaming, "That Fucker (capitalized to show respect for our President) stole the vote again! Another four years. What am I supposed to do, kill myself?" I think from the past few posts one could tell that my answer to that question would be a resounding, "Yes!" Just so long as she does it outside the building. I don't want to have to call the cops because of a foul odor.
Maybe I am too critical of others. Maybe I am just narcissistic and think that I am better than others. Who knows. I just can't stand having my peace disrupted by inconsiderate neighbors, and I respond with bile and sarcasm. These were just the thoughts running through my head as I wrote.

No comments: