Monday, November 01, 2004

Election Nonsense

OK, so everyone has an opinion on the upcoming elections. This is not a rant about those elections, but rather about our upcoming condo association elections. Nevermind Ohio, international observers should be brought into my building in order to oversee the election process. On our group website, there are already posts going back and forth referring to the moral character of certain individuals, late night obscene phone calls placed to board candidates, and door-to-door campaigning. Why is it that some people can't behave as adults when there is even the slightest bit of power involved? Personally I would rather have an unbiased management company controlling everything.
I was thinking of how funny it would be if people started putting up campaign signs on the bulletin boards. Would there be as much theft and vandalism of campaign signs in our building as there are in Palm Beach? I can guarrantee it. What about celebrity endorsements? OK, so if Curt Schilling stumped for someone, I would probably vote for that person. Who running for the board supports stem cell research? Who cares, so long as the hot water comes on in the morning.
We have sort of an electoral college system. There is a popular vote, but each vote is weighed based on square footage. So my vote (based on 681 sq. ft.) is worth 98.4% of The Shrew's vote (based on 692 sq. ft.). So, I am kind of like RI, while the folks in the Penthouses are like CA or NY.
One other funny note. There currently three people running for five spots. Ha, I may throw my hat in the ring just yet.

No comments: