Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Drinking Buddies?

Happy Birthday to my wife.

I had an interesting experience last night. We had to go to the penthouse to retrieve our shower items that we had left during the plumbing debacle (That is all fixed, or at least the pipe is. The wall is another story). When we got back to our place, the door was locked and neither my wife or I had a key. I guess the building handyman had locked the knob differently, so that it locked behind us. Really it was my fault for not checking this. I had to run down to see if maybe the door man had a spare key. Thankfully he did and we were able to get in.
Upon returning the key, the door man said, "That will cost you a beer... or a shot." He probably didn't expect me to do it, but I said, "How about a scotch, rocks?" He looked at me and said, "Sure, if your serious." I ran up to the unit, poured two scotches into paper Dixie Cups and headed back to the lobby. So I hung out with him for about 15 minutes having a well-disguised scotch and talking about how bad the management was. He has some of the same opinions of the people as I do. So it would appear that I have a new drinking buddy in the building.

No comments: