Saturday, March 28, 2015

Flurries and Pacemakers

I met up with the Baltimore Pacemakers this morning for a much needed distance run. When we were gathering at the Red Canoe Cafe and Bookstore at 7:00 am for our run, someone said, "Are those snowflakes???" Lo and behold, there were flurries coming down. Not too much that it stuck, but annoying enough that they got in your eyes. Several people commented on me wearing shorts, I just gave them the reply, "Seriously, it was a few degrees warmer downtown." It was wonderful running weather, save for the occasional gust of wind when running west.

I hung with Cory for miles at a 7:20 pace. We wove a couple zig-zags across the hill at Harford Rd and Gold Spring Ln, before heading through Morgan State and over to Druid Hill Reservoir. It ended up being a really nice tour of those areas of Baltimore. The finish brought us back over to Lake Montebello and over to the Red Canoe Cafe again. It was a good temperature for running, and while a lot of people complained, I lamented the eventual arrival of the 80's and 90's that will eventually plague our area.

After running, I do have to say the Cafe hit the spot. They had Zeke's Coffee, of which I really enjoyed the Herring Run roast, black. And, they served up a croissant, egg, and cheese that was the size of my head. Unreal. It was so good. Great post-run food. Definitely a new breakfast place to take M when she's in town again.

No comments: