Friday, March 27, 2015

Out to 11 miles

I've been fighting work and travel schedules, but I am starting to get some legs back under me. I have been out to 11 miles on the longest run, with about 35 miles total that week. I'll admit that the morning after the 11-miler was a struggle. My achilles/ankle pain was awful in those first steps to get to the shower. It loosened up in the shower and on my walk to work. It really doesn't bother me when running, just the day after. I did a 6-miler with a friend at about 9:00 pace the following day, and my ankle had no problems. It felt it's "normal" stiffness after that. I'm hoping that it doesn't get any worse from now until the Broad Street 10 Miler.

I also had the pleasure of running with a newer buddy, Davey, this past weekend. We did a 5.5-miler on Saturday and a 4.5-miler on Sunday, with most of the miles in the 6:40 neighborhood. He is unbelievably fast; doesn't even break into a running stride until we hit 6:20 or so pace. And he looks phenomenal while doing it.

Oh, and did I mention he never sweats?

No comments: