Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wind chill

Follow up to the First Gloved Run post... Last night was the first pants run. It was about 29 F, with winds at 20 mph, gusting to 35 in B'more. So, I put on some tights (under my shorts), and donned a lycra cap. Went out and ended up doing about 10.5 with the RG3 group. The run mostly hugs the Inner Harbor. And, when you came around certain corners or buildings on the harbor, that wind smacked you in the face. The toughest part for me was that we move a little slower than I would like in that group.. 9:00 to 8:30 to keep it social. So, I had a tough time keeping warm. I seemed to be warmer on my run down to the group at a 7:00 pace.

We finished the run at Social Pub and Pie for their phenomenal deals on pizza and beer. Where else can I get a pint of Heavy Seas Great'ER Pumpkin for $3.21 plus tax? After a half-priced Greek salad (those are discounted, too) and two pints, my friend Matt and I were faced with the choice of a 1.5 mile walk/cab/Uber home. We chose the walk, which quickly became the post beer shuffle and eventually the allout jog trying to stay warm. Neither of us thought to bring anything resembling a jacket for the post run cold. That was tough, as legs had stiffened and temperature had dropped. The wind was unabated, still. But, all in all a good run.

Tonight will most likely involve a 4-miler followed by some Bikram yoga.

No comments: