Monday, November 17, 2014

First gloved run last week.

I am so happy that winter weather is upon us. I much enjoy running in 35-degree weather versus 75. Last Thursday was the first gloved run of the year. It was 37 F when I went out at 6:15 am for a 10-miler. I met up with the UA Run Club about 2 miles in, and I did 6 miles with them. Then another 2 miles back home. It was nice to not be drenched in sweat and to feel the cool air against my face. I am hopeful this cold snap signals that winter-like weather will remain.

Had a really nice trail run on Sunday with some runners in Philly that I know from having run various Ragnars and other races. We put in about 10k on the trails of the Wissahickon. I can't believe that when I lived in Philly, I never once visited the Wissahickon. I just didn't know about it. It's a great resource though, especially on the colder days when it is not as heavily traveled. The below photo is of a "big damn leaf" that I found all over the forests there during a hike in late October. Apparently from the umbrella magnolia. These are the largest non-tropical leaves I have ever seen. Holy cow. This time around they weren't so yellow, just gray and dead.

This week, I have a scheduled half-day off from work on Thursday. So, I'll be running some trails in Patapsco State Park. Should be the nicest day of the week.

No comments: