Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Two days in a row for the first time...

Yesterday marked the first time I had run two days in a row after the IT band issues came to a head in late January. I put in 2.5 miles on Monday at 7:21 pace, and then I did 4.1 miles last night at 7:00 pace. I felt good after both runs, although I was approaching the end of my endurance limits after the 4-miler. I could feel my form slipping a bit and my stomach was starting to burn. Last night was also the first run in 80+ degree weather. The first part in the city was warm, and I had to dodge crowds around Camden Yards... someone forgot the Tigers were in town. After going through Fed Hill, and getting to the harbor, it was much cooler. Although the last half mile was dead into a stiff headwind. That really tired me out. The Duclaw Sweet Baby Jesus after my run never tasted so good.

I just have to resist the urge to push past the 10% increase per week. It's going to be tough, but I don't want to end up back at square one with another injury.

No comments: